Kent Test- Number of questions asked?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Laxz

Kent Test- Number of questions asked?

Post by Laxz »

Dear all,

could someone please tell me how many questions are there in each test paper of kent-test? I am unable to see this information in Kent handbook, unless this keeps changing every year.

thank you
jaia

Re: Kent Test- Number of questions asked?

Post by jaia »

Hello, I'd like to know this too. Have you had any luck finding out? I think I read somewhere that there were 25 maths questions in 25 minutes but I can't find out where I read this and don't know if it's even true. I know that when my eldest daughter sat the test a few years ago that time was very tight and I assume the same is true this time. I'd like to know how many verbal reasoning questions there are and also how long they they have to write their creative writing piece.
jaia

Post by jaia »

Hello again, I've just found out that the creative writing is 30 mins.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Is this any help?
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... nt-11-plus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum
doodles

Post by doodles »

Or this? A very quick google search revealed this:

https://www.kent.gov.uk/__data/assets/p ... ooklet.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have only given this a glance and haven't read through it with any detail, but a cross ref with the post above should confirm things.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
jaia

Post by jaia »

Thank you for your replies doodles and scary mum. I had found the info you shared but can't seem to find out how many questions will be asked in each section. It makes a quite a difference if that have 30 seconds per question or longer. I remember when my eldest sat it that the timings were very tight but don't know if the same is true now. Thank you again for your help.
mystery

Post by mystery »

In 2014 there were 30 math questions in 25 minutes, 34 verbal reasoning questions in 20 minutes and 30 seconds per NVR / spatial question. The NVR/spatial was done in timed blocks per question type as in previous years. There were 46 NVR/spatial questions.

The timings per question can vary from year to year.
salsa

Post by salsa »

Thank you Mystery.

Didn't they get 25 Maths questions in the 30 minutes in 2015?
34 questions in 20 minutes does seem rather tight, wouldn't you say?
Or did they have 80 VR in 40 minutes prior to 2014?

Thanks,

Salsa
jaia

Post by jaia »

Thank you Mystery and Salsa. Looks like we really need to speed up. Good luck everyone.
mystery

Post by mystery »

The maths slowed down again in 2015. Not exactly sure whether it was 25 questions in 25 or 30 minutes.

Unless the questions were harder in 2015, I would think it was 25 questions in 25 minutes.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now