Any DGS Parents - starting September 2016?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
la la la 1

Re: Any DGS Parents - starting September 2016?

Post by la la la 1 »

Hi, My son is starting Yr 7 DGS in September and we live close to Charlton Station. We are looking for a train buddy and I believe one of the Kidbrooke/Blackheath trains goes via Charlton in the afternoon. Not sure what we are going to do in the morning as may take him to Blackheath to start off with as we have been unable to identify any boys going in on Greenwich line. Would be great to get in touch mani, PM me if you want.
RoboR

Post by RoboR »

Hi
My son will be travelling from Blackheath or lewisham depending on south eastern problems!
mani123

Post by mani123 »

Thanks doodles - truth be told I'm probably more nervous than he is!
mani123

Post by mani123 »

I've pm'd you la la.

Robo - pm me if you'd like - we could set up a train buddy group- be nice to meet a couple of others ahead of sept if possible.
salsa

Post by salsa »

Hi all,

How was their first day?
Salsa
RoboR

Post by RoboR »

Hi salsa

It was a bit nerve wrecking on the 1st day as so much information to take in (not just for my son but me also !!) but meeting up beforehand with mani, la la and a few others made it a much better experience and the boys are now much more relaxed and getting used to the teachers. Getting back into the routine is a little tricky after the summer holiday but it will get with time and as this 1st week is really just a "getting used" to process I think it is going well.
salsa

Post by salsa »

I'm glad to hear it! The boys are taught in their forms for two years and then they split them in year 9.
ronkevso

Post by ronkevso »

I agree. A lot to take in but my ds loved his first week. He also loved the rugby this morning.
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

Glad to hear your boys are settling in. DS is now in Y10 but it doesn't seem that long ago that he was starting in Y7. My DD has just joined DGS sixth form too and seems to be settling in and enjoying her IB subjects.