PIPS test in year 5 and suitability for 11+ HELP

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

page62

PIPS test in year 5 and suitability for 11+ HELP

Post by page62 »

I am hoping someone has some experience on this. Our son is due to take the 11+ this coming September. We have been in two minds with regards to his suitability as it was quite late on that it was discovered he is dyslexic so the reading / English is still catching up. In his primary school, he took a PIPs test in May which gave the following scores: Developed ability: 114; Reading: 108, and Maths: 126. The school is not dissuading us from the 11+ but we also have back up plans for him to stay until 13 and go private if he doesn't pass or if it becomes obvious grammar is not really suitable for him. So to some extent, I don't think our primary school is sticking their neck out one way or the other. I have no experience of PIPs and have no idea if we should be encouraged by it or not. My son knows he will not be told his score just as his sister (currently in TGS) was never told hers so I don't think he is feeling too much pressure. Does anyone have any experience of PIPs and if you don't mind sharing whether this has had some correlation in the 11+ score your children achieved? Thank you
grgygirl

Re: PIPS test in year 5 and suitability for 11+ HELP

Post by grgygirl »

I'm sorry I don't have experience of PIP's but they seem similar to CAT tests (search NFER on google for a succinct explanation). Perhaps use the search function on this forum to see if anyone else has mentioned Pips?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now