CAT4s

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
stuffy

CAT4s

Post by stuffy »

Hi
Did anyone's child sit these recently in year 5 or need them for appeal? Just had our reports back but with no explanation and sadly google doesn't have the answer on this one?
How useful are they for appeal?
What would be a good score?
Guest55

Re: CAT4s

Post by Guest55 »

http://www.gl-assessment.co.uk/products ... at4-levels" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anything useful on the above?
stuffy

Post by stuffy »

No we got a score for each individual paper, very like Kent test??
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

The document linked below says:

"The number of questions a pupil answers correctly on each test is referred to as their raw score. Raw scores are then interpreted by comparing them to the performance of other pupils of the same chronological age group by means of so- called ‘normative scores’.
The analysis of raw scores plus the age of the pupils, in the context of large cohorts of pupils, results in a series of ‘normative scores’. Three types of normative score are provided to interpret pupils’ performance on CAT4:
• Standard Age Scores
• National Percentile Rank
• Stanines.
Further information about CAT4 scores and their interpretation is given in the section entitled ‘Guidance on scoring and reporting results’ in the Teacher Guidance pack."

So you should have been given more than the score ... ask school for the full information.

http://www.gl-assessment.co.uk/sites/gl ... erview.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Scroll down on this link below:

http://www.edev.ie/Interpreting.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
stuffy

Post by stuffy »

Thanks makes more sense, only 19 took the test from that interpretation. Does anyone know how widely used they are for appeals? Are they good indicators? Also note the report gave suggested SAts scores but in letter format which I didn't think they used anymore?

Why isn't everything just standard and say for example good, above average etc etc
northkentparent

Post by northkentparent »

stuffy wrote:Hi
Did anyone's child sit these recently in year 5 or need them for appeal? Just had our reports back but with no explanation and sadly google doesn't have the answer on this one?
How useful are they for appeal?
What would be a good score?

Hi- I've had exactly the same confusion over the over the past 2 years (my two children took the 11+ in 2014 and 2015). However, I managed to get some good links on this which I will be happy to share with you. If you PM me I will forward them onto you.

Moderators- alternatively I can add the links to this posting (does this cause you any issues)?