Best Boy's Grammar school in Kent

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11PlusBoy

Best Boy's Grammar school in Kent

Post by 11PlusBoy »

My son passed the test with 360 marks(Top 50 in Ashford) and looking for a best boy's grammar school near Ashford. Please suggest me the best possible near by schools.
ToadMum

Re: Best Boy's Grammar school in Kent

Post by ToadMum »

11PlusBoy wrote:My son passed the test with 360 marks(Top 50 in Ashford) and looking for a best boy's grammar school near Ashford. Please suggest me the best possible near by schools.
I would still mako the same suggestion as I did on your other thread

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 74#p597066

Pastoral care? Most impressive set of A levels achieved this year/ highest value added? / best chance of getting into the first team for Rugby?

One person's 'best' school for their DC might well be another's 'wouldn't touch with a bargepole, even just considering the same set of features.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
sbfbjb

Re: Best Boy's Grammar school in Kent

Post by sbfbjb »

As the previous poster has indicated it really depends what you and your child defines as a good school.

There are multiple factors involved and it really depends what you and your child are looking for. If you live in Ashford NKB is a good school and a score of 360 will certainly gain a place.

I would assume that you have already looked at local schools and with the score and school entrance criteria you are limited to NKB and Harvey. Simon Langton will not consider your application due to distance criteria ( we live in Ashford and my son has a score of 397 and they said although they would love to have him the criteria make an offer of a place very unlikely)

We haven't looked at Medway schools so can't really comment on those and the only other relatively accessible school with regard to travelling would be the Judd and even we are not sure if the score of my son would be adequate to gain an ova place.

Hoprfully this helps but in the end go with what you are happy with and where you will realistically be offered a place as all schools have good and bad points.

P
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now