Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:52 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:55 pm 

Hi everyone.
I would like to thank everyone from this forum for all their help.My DD passed Kent grammer test with the score of 404.We live in Maidstone. We were thinking of Invicta as our first choice but Daughter wants to go to Tonbridge. Does anyone have any rough idea (I am sure no one can tell surely) if DD has any chances of getting into Tonbridge?

Thank you once again.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:17 pm 

With that score she would almost certainly get in, but I have no idea what the journey is like from Maidstone.

You could try asking the school whether they have girls travelling in from Maidstone and what route they take.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:07 pm 

My daughter travels in from the outskirts of Maidstone - it's a long day (7.15 bus in the morning, back around 5) with approx a 45min bus journey (some girls get the train which is quicker but more expensive) but she loves it so happy to do the commute. To be honest, with the amount of traffic congestion going into and through Maidstone, the journey to Invicta would probably take around the same amount of time!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:30 am 

look at out of area cut off for tgs on their website on the admissions section of the site and at the sheet they give out at open evenings with this info. There is an open evening on Tuesday. Only look at cut off for last two years as the scoring system was different prior to that.

The school day from Maidstone is nothing special for tgs but I prrsume the numbers hailing from there are low now that it is categorised as out of area so a very high score is needed. Again, this is a recent change.