Tutor Group - Tunbridge Wells

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
crowbella

Tutor Group - Tunbridge Wells

Post by crowbella »

Hi

My first post as we have just started our 11 plus journey and trying to get an idea of what might be better for our daughter.

We are looking at possible tuition for our daughter for the 11 plus. Just wondering if anyone has an experience of Bright Young Things in Tunbridge Wells?

Secondly what have people found more useful, private tutors or tuition centres? Apologies if this has been covered already in the past.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

We try to keep the forum as safe as possible - we don't allow tutors or tutoring organisations (other than school/PTA and non-commercial organisations) to be openly recommended, because it attracts posts with fake recommendations ('dodgy' advertising solely designed to solicit business on the internet).
It is also not unknown for unscrupulous competitors to 'plant' negative posts, seeking to denigrate the opposition!

Genuine recommendations from forum members by PM only (private message) are permitted - but be aware of the possibility that someone who appears to be a 'helpful parent' offering advice may not be all they seem! There could be an ulterior motive.

Always treat recommendations from unknown persons with great caution.
However, we have many long standing members - check carefully the date of joining and number of posts) - who make a very valuable contribution to the forum. If you receive a private recommendation from one of them, it could be worth considering.

Please let us know if you think anyone is abusing the system by soliciting for business or 'spamming'.
It's easy to report a possible problem - just click on the red exclamation mark that appears with every post and PM: Image

Note:
  • • Institutional Course details can be found here

• Intensive Holiday Courses can be found here
Kind regards

ForumAdmin
LocalTWmum1

Re: Bright Young Things - Tunbridge Wells

Post by LocalTWmum1 »

I have no personal knowledge of Bright Young Things, sorry - have seen them advertised locally a few times, but no-one I know has used them for their child.

Most people seem to use tutors on a one-to-one basis and that certainly worked well for my DS.

Not only was his tutor invaluable in helping with speed, accuracy and exam techniques, but she was able to spend time with him where he needed it most, focusing on areas of potential weakness.

The Kent Test covers the curriculum up to the end of YR6 as far as I know, but yet they take it right at the beginning, meaning large chunks won't have been covered in much detail - or at all.

My son's tutor quickly identified gaps and spent time thoroughly going over them, often several times, until he felt 100% confident. I imagine this is less easy in a group environment at a study centre?

The other benefit of course of a private tutor is that usually they will come to your home which is fantastic, particularly if you have other children.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now