The Kent 2016 scores spreadsheet is available

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mystery

Re: The Kent 2016 scores spreadsheet is available

Post by mystery »

pw123456 wrote:
mystery wrote: Still trying to fathom the spreadsheet - where we live comes under T/ wells but no boy in T/ wells is down as getting the score my son did !!!
He attends an East Sussex primary school though so- maybe we do count as OOC?
The independent schools could be anywhere in Kent as well couldn't they?
We are very keen on Cranbrook school which has a very small catchment area but also will only be taking 30 children this year- so scores and location very important!
Working out the likelihood of getting in to Cranbrook is difficult. In the catchment area, you have some schools that come under the following districts. Goudhust, Colliers Green, Cranbook, Hawkhurst, Sandhurst all under TW. Rolvenden, Biddenden, Frittenden under Ashford I think. Staplehurst is under Tonbridge and Malling I think. You then have a few state school OOCs such as your son and there is a number of private schools in the Cranbrook vicinity. As well as the KCC spreadsheet to which you refer, there will also probably be some FOI requests for grammar school assessed places per school per district. This latter information does not give individual scores but it does give a good indication of the total number of passes from state primaries in the Cranbrook catchment area. All this information should allow a best guess to be made. Having said all of that, my approach has been to put Cranbrook down as the first choice and hope for the best and not worry about it until March.
Coo! Just read a bit of this thread and realised I have a new virtual life with a son!
London_Mum16

Post by London_Mum16 »

Hi,

Just like ooc parents I am having the same issue in filling the common application form. I have finalised the first two places I am going to fill in which are ranking schools. If I put DGS as my third option will I stand a chance. (DS got just over 400 if that helps) please help!! and we live in 7.5 miles radius from the school.
lefol

Post by lefol »

Probably worth putting this under the Dartford and DGGS link. I have attempted to copy the link here https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 19&t=48993" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My understanding is that Dartford take the first 90 places on those that live within the catchment area and thereafter the next 90 places are allocated on scores and no distance . You should be fine with a score of 400 and if it is your preferred choice do place it as your first choice. Again, my understanding of the CAF form is that your second choice becomes your first choice if you do not meet the criteria for your first choice. I would suggest you list DGS as your first choice if your DS prefers Dartford. They had lovely biscuits on the open day and lots for the kids to do too.