Is there are chance :: will be appealing

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mou123

Is there are chance :: will be appealing

Post by Mou123 »

Hello All,

My son scored in around 365 in Kent exams, but scored 5 marks less than the cut off for Reasoning Paper (he got 101 in reasoning) still his total score is around 365. So he is not selected for a Grammar school
My son has a lot of difficulties in terms of attention and fine motor skills. (we have medical reports for them)
Current school Head Teacher has already appealed (but this was done only after the results were out for the parents and we went and requested the school)
We will be appealing if they can consider him for a grammar school place ?
Does any one have any idea, if this is at all a case for appeal?

Also as we will be appealing we do not want to give the super selective schools as our 1st preference. Can you suggest which schools we should be aiming for?

Thanks ~M
Cath28

Re: Is there are chance :: will be appealing

Post by Cath28 »

Well done to your son, that's a really good score and I would say you have good grounds to appeal. Obviously this will also depend where you live and to which GS's are in your area. If you have a GS that is not super selective then personally I think you would have a good chance. Have a read through the appeals thread on the site which has all the info. Good luck!!
yoyo123

Re: Is there are chance :: will be appealing

Post by yoyo123 »

There is a very good Q&A section on the appeals bit of this forum. Have a read of that as it may answer your question. Etienne is an expert on appeals
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now