Its still not too late.......

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
denis denis

Post by denis denis »

medwaymum wrote:Denis denis your son sounds like he's doing A1. You've done all you can. Just try to build up his confidence in the next few days and help relax him - just like you said. Good Luck!
Thanks Medwaymum. He *should* pass, he's definitely grammar material, so I'm trying not to stress. We've kept things all low key at home, but now he's back at school, Kent test fever has kicked in and kids are apparently all comparing averages and appeal plans! :roll:

It was so much easier when I was at primary school, we did the Kent test with no warning, if you passed you went to grammar, if you didn't you went elsewhere. Don't remember anyone appealing and certainly no-one was coached, much easier!

It just all seems to complicated and stressful these days. I think any one of my son's teachers would have said he was grammar material at any stage in his school career, yet we still have these stressful tests to endure. And there are a lot of borderline children in my son's class who are being tutored to within an inch of their lives who will probabably (and probably shouldn't in my opinion) get to grammar simply because they can pass the Kent test. It would be so much simpler if the teachers got together and assessed, on course work, who was and wasn't suitable for a grammar school, in my opinion. But that's a whole other debate, I'm sure :lol:
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Well said Denis Denis!
When the backlash starts, I shall defend you!!!!
:twisted:
denis denis

Post by denis denis »

Ed's mum wrote:Well said Denis Denis!
When the backlash starts, I shall defend you!!!!
:twisted:
Thank you! I think I'll need all the help I can get! :lol: