Missing Books

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

dadofkent

Post by dadofkent »

denis denis wrote:
denis denis wrote:
medwaymum wrote:Sorry to be a cynic, but I think if they had achieved a 'pass' their books would not go missing. However, for the school to appeal on their behalf and need their books, they must be pretty close to the pass mark plus also the school must be confident in their levels.
Please do not think that all is lost though as some children will get through on this headteacher's appeal.
As you say, March 3rd will reveal all!
But i think the school sometimes takes a selection of children's books from the class in order to camouflage whose books they actually want! I'm hoping so, anyway.
I asked my son tonight if he'd had his books back yet, and he said that the head had only had them for a day or so. Surely not for appeal purposes then?
Probably looked at them, and decided not to appeal.

Only joking :roll:
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

dadofkent wrote:
denis denis wrote:
denis denis wrote: But i think the school sometimes takes a selection of children's books from the class in order to camouflage whose books they actually want! I'm hoping so, anyway.
I asked my son tonight if he'd had his books back yet, and he said that the head had only had them for a day or so. Surely not for appeal purposes then?

denis denis,
you are a11owed to cyber-ly throttle dadofkent. :lol: :lol:
We can't hear him scream.... :lol: :lol:
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

Sorry, but Dadofkent it was good and gave me a well needed giggle for a bit!

Going back to my own County now!

:oops:
denis denis

Post by denis denis »

dadofkent wrote:
denis denis wrote:
denis denis wrote: But i think the school sometimes takes a selection of children's books from the class in order to camouflage whose books they actually want! I'm hoping so, anyway.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha (cue hysterical laughter) - I honestly hadn't thought of that until you said it dadofkent - I am keeping my cool and you can't worry me!
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Thought I'd move the thread along a little:

Anyone else got their missing books back yet?

Does anybody know when the school find out the result of any head teacher's appeals? Obviously they know before allocation day, but I'm wondering when? I do so like to torture myself analysing everything! Please come and join me somebody... :?
SARJAN

Post by SARJAN »

Yes daughter seems to think her books were returned last week...only maths and english plus science books. Science book came back first.!! Anyways were on half term next week,only another week or so to go after that...will be keeping busy lol!!
denis denis

Post by denis denis »

Medway mum - calm down! I don't suppose it makes any difference when the heads know, they still won't tell us until March 3!

Incidentally, would you know if the head had appealed on your behalf and been successful? Presumably, you'd be offered a GS place and then see that you got low scores on the 11+?
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

denis denis - I can't help myself!! :wink:

Yes I agree I think if you get the grammar school on your allocation letter, you can go into school and ask for the scores. Presumably you will see that you didn't get the required score so must have got through on a head's appeal.

Bring on half term! Busy busy busy...
cindy

Post by cindy »

Hi ya Medway Mum,

I think I would feel pretty ok if my daughters books went missing. At least
I would know that she was v near. My son was v near last year and got through on appeal, he was one off!

Relax, I think you are there.

If not, I will send you a copy of my appeal letter, it seemed to work
even though I cried alll the way throught the appeal, and could not say a word.

God bless
Cindyx
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Thanks Cindy for the kind words and support. Fingers and toes crossed then... :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now