I have just telephoned Kent Council Secondary admis at 16.16

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

kentmedwayborder we posted the same time and I've just seen your post. How on earth have you got a Maidstone school? Where do you live? I know you say you put RGS on your form, did your dd pass the medway? I really feel for you both, and can totally understand your daughters distress. :cry:
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Last edited by Belinda on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kentmedwayborder

Post by kentmedwayborder »

thanks medwaymum

we are in a village close to rainham, but come under Kent.....how on earth do they expect me to get her to maidstone? and a learning academy....hmmmmm!

I am so upset for her, all her friends will prob know where they are going while she has the upset of waiting for me to find out what the **** is going on!

she failed the medway test but wants rainham girls school,

maidstone??????? sorry am still reeling!
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Have you measured the distance from your house to this maidstone school? you should be able to do this easily on a travel route website.
banksy1

Post by banksy1 »

Dear kentmedwayborder I am so sorry to hear your news your daughter must be devestated and that is a really odd allocation. Is it because of the order of the schools you put on the CAF form even then they have to have a really good reason for not giving you one closer !!!
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Any news yet Belinda? Thinking of you....
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Last edited by Belinda on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Last edited by Belinda on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kentmedwayborder

Post by kentmedwayborder »

thank you all for your kind replies

being in kent we had 3 choices......rainham mark was my first choice but she failed medway test

highsted Grammar, kent second choice
Rainham Girls non grammar third choice (but subsequently her favourite by far) open days were messed up/did not coincide with application!

New Line Learning Academy????? I cant even find out where it is!

I will be pointing out the error to them tomorrow!
henry

Post by henry »

New Line Learning academy has two schools that come under this name. The flagship school is also known as Cornwallis and is near Linton and Boughton Monchelsea, you should be able to find the exact address in the original Kent booklet that came with the CAF form. Cornwallis is often over subscribed and selects 10% of the pupils by ability, they have to sit a non verbal reasoning aptititude test and the top 10% are assured a place even if out of catchment. The other school which comes under the New Line learning name is Oldborough Manor and I'm afraid I dont know much about this school.