Kent test pass mark

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
denis denis

Post by denis denis »

Thansk everyone, that does make a little more sense now.
kentmum1

Re: 75%

Post by kentmum1 »

[quote="bows"]Ive heard this too and I think it is incorrect, my lad never scored less than 85% in practice on VR and usually high 90's and described that part of the 11+ as "easy"

Actually, it is correct that 140 equates to roughly a 75% raw score, as an average, although of course, some will get higher than that. My son, who sounds the same as yours, passed last year with 2 papers at 140, with far more mistakes than usual, and had no leeway for age. One was about 79% and the other was around 86% raw score You will be surprised how many mistakes they make on the day, no matter how good they have been before that. Both myself and other parents found out our raw scores as we couldn't also believe this could be true but it is. KCC verified these percentages as being correct with an average of a 50% raw score to get a basic pass. Judd even verifies this being correct too!
henry

Post by henry »

How do you find out your childs raw score?
kentmum1

Post by kentmum1 »

Just ring KCC with your child's id number. They seemed very happy to discuss.
kentmum1

Post by kentmum1 »

I should add that I used the admissions tel no, that is in the secondary transfer book.
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Kentmum1: did they actually give you the scores over the telephone? I don't really want to go into the school yet as there are people who want to talk to the head regarding appeals etc and feel a bit selfish using up the heads time.
katel

Post by katel »

Why do you want to know? If your child passed and got the school you want, it's time to move on to the next stage!
kentmum1

Post by kentmum1 »

Our head gave out the scores on the allocation day but KCC would be able to give them to you. It was useful as the school had got it wrong slightly!

Katel - I agree, it does seem a bit pointless. I wanted to find out simply to dispel all the myths out there about what 140 really equates to as I found it hard to believe too. When you're surrounded by highly selective, aggregate scoring schools, with everyone saying you need to be supremely bright and gifted to get into them, it can be usefel to discover that this is not strictly true - KCC's words and not mine! I think it is useful for people to know, especially if they are hoping for one of these schools and feel they are impossible to get into. It is certainly not being used as a means to compare scores to other children. Also my primary school informed me that it would be impossible for my son to obtain 140 as he would not be able to make any mistakes at all, as he was one of the eldest. Therefore, I was naturally intrigued to see how he had managed to get such scores. I have since advised the school, who I feel are totally misinformed and are giving people the wrong advice about schools and ability to get into them. In this part of Kent, I think this infomation can be very useful for the forum.
kentmum1

Post by kentmum1 »

sorry to go on but I guess what I am trying to summarise here is that finding out this sort of information can only but help the next generation of 11+ victims!!
henry

Post by henry »

I agree with kentmum1, information on what 140 actually equates to would be useful to other parents out there.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now