Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:38 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:48 am 

hi :D

We are in north Kent (Gravesend/Dartford area) , just wondered if anyone has experience of the 12+ transfer test here? The school in question uses VR/NVR/Maths.

Is it more difficult than the 11+, or is the same test with just less time to complete?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:51 pm 
Hello
As far as I know there is no standardised "12+" in Kent. Individual schools will of course accept children into year 8, or any other year group, where they have vacancies. In the case of grammar schools I think that it is up to the individual schools to administer whatever tests they deem appropriate to check that candidates are suitable.

I would be interested to know if I am wrong and any schools have come up with standardised tests as one does hear the occasional reference to a 12+.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:45 pm 

No, I think you're right, there doesn't appear to be a standardised test as such. Schools seem to make their own rules regarding this, and I think it bypasses the LEA altogether.

Just wondering if anyone has experience of transferring into grammar (specifically Gravesend Boys Grammar); and whether schools used the standard 11+ papers with less time to complete, or whether they used more difficult papers, as I would expect, really.