WORRIED, STRESSED, CONFUSED MUM!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Vicky

WORRIED, STRESSED, CONFUSED MUM!!

Post by Vicky »

I attended my son's appeal on Tuesday for WGSB. It went really well and since that day my stomach has being doing somersaults waiting for the result. The last of the appeals were heard Thursday (84 in total apparently!) and I'm presuming that they will have discussed them all today and that with it being a Bank Holiday weekend (to prolong my agony) the letters won't be sent out until Tuesday or Wednesday, I don't want to telephone, just couldn't bare it!! So that's my stressed!!

My worried and confused is that I have read today on this web site that since 1st March, 2008 the rules for appealing have changed in that if you were unsuccesful in the HT appeal (tell me someone who wasn't!!) that basically your parent appeal wouldn't be upheld. Is this right?

The appeal panel never mentioned this in their statement, just non-qualification and over subscription. Please someone put me out of my misery and clarify...

My son scored 140 NVR, 126 VR and 114 Maths and we worked on the basis that it was over confidence on the day as Maths is his strongest subject. His Year 6 teacher came with us along with every Maths test he has taken since January 08 proving high level 5's and I thought we had a really strong appeal, now I'm a total wreck and can barely type!

By the way, we had 3 men on our appeal - and they were absolutely fantastic.
medway222

Post by medway222 »

vicky I have PM'd you
2nd time arround

Post by 2nd time arround »

Vicky, first of all good luck with your out-come, fingers crossed.

I am sure the new rules concerning HT appeals do not apply to kent this year , I am not sure about next, but I do know of several parents like yourself who have appealed and this issue has not been raised , I think this is another Kent difference from everyone else at the moment.
good luck :)
Vicky

Post by Vicky »

medway222 wrote:vicky I have PM'd you
Thanks so much for your PM it was helpful, but I'm beginning to think that no one really knows what is going on with regard to this year's appeals. Fingers, toes, eyes legs and everything else crossed that it hasn't affected our appeal :?
Vicky

Post by Vicky »

Thanks 2nd time around for your encouragement. I so hope you're right. My hubby has just come home to me gabbling at him! He's told me to stop thinking about it (as only a man would say!) and what will be etc.

Just wishing that I could sleep until the letter arrives so that I'm not thinking. Will post my results when I know. :roll:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now