Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
One Down

Post by One Down »

Hi,

The link to the Judd website which I posted on another thread

http://www.judd.kent.sch.uk/Documents/P ... 202008.pdf

PG 10) says that 140 is the most common individual score, not the average - otherwise huge numbers would get 140. It just means that more people get 140 than those who get 139 or 120 or any other individual score. This is because the results form a bell-shaped curve and although 140 is near the small RHS tailend of the curve, it includes all the scores in that tail that are 140+ but can't be measured in theis standardisation. Therefore it is the highest individual score. Hope this is useful! :)

edited by moderator to show link
punam

Post by punam »

I wish to know how does the age of the child affect the scoring.I read in one of the posts that it is not possible to score maximum marks i.e. 140 in kent grammer school 11+ exam if childs birth date is earlier compared to others.
perplexed

Post by perplexed »

It is possible to score 140 in Kent test papers if you are the oldest in the year. My stepson has an early September birthday and scored 140 in two Kent papers.

There are zillions of words written on this website in the various fora about age standardisation so I won't repeat them. But I think (as a very rough approximation) a September born child would have to get two or three more questions right than an August born child to score 140. This is what the Judd headmaster once e-mailed to me.

Good luck.
denis denis

Post by denis denis »

perplexed wrote:It is possible to score 140 in Kent test papers if you are the oldest in the year. My stepson has an early September birthday and scored 140 in two Kent papers.

There are zillions of words written on this website in the various fora about age standardisation so I won't repeat them. But I think (as a very rough approximation) a September born child would have to get two or three more questions right than an August born child to score 140. This is what the Judd headmaster once e-mailed to me.

Good luck.
I'm not sure that only the older kids can score 140. My son is a Feb birthday and got 140 in NVR and his friend is a May birthday and got 140 in NVR and VR.

In the CATs, another friend who has a November birthday, got one question wrong and ended up with a final score of 128/140!
perplexed

Post by perplexed »

I did not mean that you could score 140 only if you were one of the older children in the year. I was answering the question directly above my post where the poster was concerned that because of the age standardisation an older child may not be able to score 140.

a child of any age could score 140
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now