Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:13 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:02 pm 

I know you will think this is a very stupid question, but how big are the real "Multiple Choice boxes". We have the NEFR papers and I just think the print size of the options is very small. Are they like that in real life? If they are I feel that someone who has visual problems like my son would be at a disadvantage.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:04 pm 

Absolutely not a stupid question - you'd be amazed how many things I've found to worry about in the run up to the 11+. I've never seen a "real" 11+ paper so can't answer your question. However, if I were you I would contact the education authority or school which will be administering any tests your child might sit and raise your concerns with them. They might be able to put your mind at rest. It's always better to highlight any potential problems in advance rather than try to use them as a reason for a child failing once the results are out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:48 am 

Hi Mum007

I would suggest that whenever you are dealing with the education authorities that you always communicate in writing and always ask for a reply in writing.

This applies to correspondences with teachers, headteachers, special needs teachers and LEA administrators, "some" of whom are occassionally capable of forgetting and/or denying that you communicated with them.

Regards

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:54 pm 

Thank you both for your replies. I will investigate a bit further. The advice of written communication is very sound.