11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
keljbj

Post by keljbj »

Its my youngest daughter`s 1st birthday on 21st October :(

Oh what joy that is going to be if dd1 doesnt get in :cry:
Kelly M Reeves
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Westerham mum - we've done the same, booked a holiday before knowing when the results will be published.

So we'll be away when the results are out - luckily we have someone we trust to open our post and fill in the order of preference for us, for whichever outcome we get (having pre-signed the form itself of course!!).
One Down

Post by One Down »

Reassuring to know we are not the only ones who might have difficulty on the 21st!
Twellsmum-on the history of previous years, I think there's no chance it's to see parents. Shame, it's a nice thought and in an ideal world that's what should happen!
twellsmum

Post by twellsmum »

Is that the parents' evening? ISTR that the school always do them in the week surrounding half term anyway so may be just coincidence that it happens to be D-Day!
One Down

Post by One Down »

Twellsmum,
No, it isn't the parents' evening. Last year there was nobody there when the results came out after 4pm and some children had real problems with their allocation.
On another subject, our postman comes at about 11am as well - can you just turn up at the post office to get your mail, or do you have to arrange it in advance? I suppose it might be in a sack somewhere in Kent if you don't prearrange....??
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

last year there was a postal strike in October .. some plan B came into action. In area kids got there results in school to bring home and parents out of area / private schools were able to pick them up from the Education office. Very organised - no hanging out the window looking for the postman and making him hunt through his bag to see if he had the right letter..
vetgal

Post by vetgal »

Emma
twellsmum

Post by twellsmum »

Well I have spoken to school and am still none the wiser! It does seem that they have even thought about it. Mind you, our HM has not been there all term so they are under pressure I expect. Apparently the senior management team is going to discuss it and will let us know. Not sure how the sorting office works to be honest. Sometimes our post is here by 10am; others he is wandering down teh road as I go to collect the children from school. Our old HM (who retired at Easter) was apparently not meant to text the results to parents but he wasn't "scared" of KCC so just did what he wanted :lol:
shuff

Post by shuff »

My problem isn't so much getting results but getting the scores. We are out of county and our school is very anti children taking the 11+ and therefore very uncooperative when it comes to getting scores. They refuse point blank to let parents have the scores and tell them to call Kent. You can imagine our frustration. Oh I work there too!!!!
twellsmum

Post by twellsmum »

That must be so annoying, Shuff, especially as being out of county, scores are far more important to know than people who live in TW or Tonbridge. Are KCC quite cooperative though? I expect the lines are jammed on the morning of results day aren't they?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now