Pass mark this year

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

shuff

Post by shuff »

My friends DS failed NV with 95 which really worries me as this was my DS's worst paper, said it was really hard. This time tomorrow......
shorty101

Post by shorty101 »

I have seen many kent test papers over the years and in my opinion this years paper was no harder or easier than in previous years. if your child knew what to expect and was well prepared then you shouold be confident they were able to answer the questions to the best of their ability. try not to worry.
One Down

Post by One Down »

Hi Shuff,
EEEk, getting 95 in NVR is really worrying for the rest of us! Was your friend's DS good at NVR in the pracice papers?
shuff

Post by shuff »

His mum said yes, but to honest this kid isn't 11+ material in the nicest possible way. I was still shocked to hear how badly he had done though!
tired_dad_2008

Post by tired_dad_2008 »

angel wrote:if a child got 120 would that roughly be equivalent to 60 %, a 140 75% +
I don't think that is necessarily true at all. The standardisation maths is much more complicated than that and it depends on the performance of all of the other children of the same age in the papers.
shuff

Post by shuff »

onedown and tireddad, from previous posts I feel we are in the same boat, good luck tomorrow!
tonbridgemum

Post by tonbridgemum »

One more for the boat!!! I dont reckon on much sleep tonight. Not sure i'm ready for what tomorrow may bring... :?
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Last edited by Belinda on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shuff

Post by shuff »

not forgetting you tonbridgemum, all the best will be in touch tomorrow!
One Down

Post by One Down »

Thanks Shuff, good luck to you and to all our fellow 'sailors' too! Lets hope our vessel isn't a leaky one! :lol:

Whatever happens tomorrow, we've all done our very best for our DC and they've done our very best for us - what more could we ask?

And it's been very nice to have such congenial boat companions along the way.

Hold on tight everyone, we're about to go over the edge! - any one see that bit in Pirates OTC 3 where the ship goes over the waterfall? See you on the other side! Time to go for wine (medicinal purposes, you understand)

Good Luck Everyone!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now