appeal for school?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
dad123

appeal for school?

Post by dad123 »

Hi, my ds passed his 11 plus but I am not sure he will get into Skinners, he is so keen to go there. He is a bright child but scored 124 in his maths, I am sure he should have got a higher score.

Therefore my question is, if he does not get skinners can his HT appeal or do we? ALso how do I go about getting a copy of his maths paper, I am intrigued.......
Many thanks
travelling man

Post by travelling man »

It is too late for HT appeal. You need to put Skinners on the form and if you don't get a place you can then appeal to the school.

There are loads of previous posts about the experience and the criteria that are used in the appeal - it would be well worth reading through some of them.
ergo

Post by ergo »

Don't know if you can get hold of the maths paper - you might get some advice in the appeals section of the forum. I do know, however, that you can get hold of your child's raw scores from KCC. This can be quite enlightening as you see how he actually scored on the paper and may give you an idea as to how to proceed. I got Ds scores last year and was quite surprised to see how a relatively mid range mark quantified as 140 and she was a winter baby. Good Luck.
shuff

Re: appeal for school?

Post by shuff »

dad123 wrote:Hi, my ds passed his 11 plus but I am not sure he will get into Skinners, he is so keen to go there. He is a bright child but scored 124 in his maths, I am sure he should have got a higher score.

Therefore my question is, if he does not get skinners can his HT appeal or do we? ALso how do I go about getting a copy of his maths paper, I am intrigued.......
Many thanks
What is his combined score?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now