+21% For kent grammar school places

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Nerdymum

Post by Nerdymum »

i rang back KCC as i admit my info sounded a bit flawed and they basically said that it is roughly the same number passing as any other year (still not entirely sure how they come up with figure as each person i speak to seems to have a different theory)
Nerdymum

Post by Nerdymum »

:oops: am embarrassed about my bad advice a few posts ago - i got the wrong end of the stick - when they said 25% of the Kent Cohort - i thought this meant 25% of the kids taking the test. My son who has just passed his 11+ must get his brains from his father :D
shuff

Post by shuff »

Don't worry, it is confusing for everyone. I feel much more anxious this year because of the time delay between test, results and allocation.
It would make sense that the numbers stay relatively the same as there are still only a certain amount of Grammars up for grabs.
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Blame it on KCC!

I have had telephone dealings with both Kent and Medway re the 11+ (DS having sat and shone in both!(:)) and, put it this way, Medway are FAR more switched on.
perplexed

Post by perplexed »

It's a game that some people seem to be more anxious about the Kent secondary school admissions system this yyear when in reality it has improved vastly over the years.

All schools are now equal preference, you have the 11+ results before you fill the CAF in, and there are more spaces on the CAF. Altogether a much easier decision making process for parents than even three years ago.

That does not mean that one's chances of getting 1st choice have necessarily changed (apart from for those people who in the past may have put a grammar first place and then their child failed) - but why should they - but it is much easier to decide which schools to put on the form, and in which order.
reginaphalangie

Post by reginaphalangie »

Can i just say as a kent GS teacher that i reckon many many more kiddies from SE London have sat the test this year because of the economic situation (ie those that would have gone on to indie secondaries from Blackheath/Greenwich etc)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now