Kent Allocation

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Samba

Kent Allocation

Post by Samba »

Hi, have been lurking for a while now and find the forum very helpful. I posted this first on Appeals forum but then realised Kent forum may be more appropriate for this query.
Our DD was assessed suitable for grammar school and we named the three grammars closest to us on the SCAF form (in Tonbridge and TWELLS). We were expecting to get Weald on distance (we are in Wealds second Band 12.6 miles away), not expecting TOGS (on score) nor TWGGS (out of catchment). We were offered Invicta which is 31 miles away in Maidstone (we are on westernmost border of Kent). This would require a one and a half hour journey by train and 3 changes of train - just about impossible....... Has anyone any experience of appeals upheld at Weald based on similar criteria? I believe last year they added an extra form due to similar issues. Thanks in advance for your responses.
twellsmum

Post by twellsmum »

I don't have any experience of Weald but I have heard of someone at Hever school who has been given a place there, that must be a similar distance from teh school to you.
Desperate Dan

Post by Desperate Dan »

Hi Samba,
Don't forget to put your daughter's name on the waiting list. There is always a lot of movement between schools after 1 March. Good Luck!
Samba

Kent Allocation

Post by Samba »

Dear Desperate Dan, twellsmum, thanks for your replies. We have found we are just outside the cutoff (.6m) so will be going down the waiting list and appeals route. I managed to speak to Kent Admissions who were extremely helpful.