Preparation for the 11+

11 Plus Maths – Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Belinda

Re: Preparation for the 11+

Post by Belinda »

Last edited by Belinda on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Josa

Post by Josa »

Hi Tixylixy,

Just wanted to commend you for your honesty, not many will openly admit to doing so much preparation with their dcs, even closer to the exams, how much more a few years before.

All the best to you and your ds.

Josa
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

Josa wrote:Hi Tixylixy,

Just wanted to commend you for your honesty, not many will openly admit to doing so much preparation with their dcs, even closer to the exams, how much more a few years before.

All the best to you and your ds.

Josa
yes i double that - we only want the best for our kids but sometimes our dreams can get in the way alittle :D
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

Hi Tixylixy, and wellcome to the forum :D

Many have talked about solving puzzles, reading, etc, I mean a fun preparation to eleven +.

I just would like to add another aspect: does your DS play any sport? For a child, I feel it is important to practise sport outside school, just for pleasure and to relax!

And of course, there is music! I am sure that reading notes, being able to tap a rhythm correctly is developing a child’s brain!
Tixylixy

Post by Tixylixy »

JaneEyre wrote:Hi Tixylixy, and wellcome to the forum :D

Many have talked about solving puzzles, reading, etc, I mean a fun preparation to eleven +.

I just would like to add another aspect: does your DS play any sport? For a child, I feel it is important to practise sport outside school, just for pleasure and to relax!

And of course, there is music! I am sure that reading notes, being able to tap a rhythm correctly is developing a child’s brain!

Hi, yes my son plays rugby, goes to Karate and has swimming lessons. He really loves rugby since he has so much energy. He also loves music and we do sing and dance at the weekend, which I think he finds therapeutic. He is also learning the piano and plays the recorder, so he's very musical. I do try to give him some balance in life.

Incidentally, I would really like to express my gratitude to all those who have taken the time and effort to respond to me. I only joined the Forum yesterday and feel quite overwhelmed by all the responses. You've al given me food for thought and assisted immensely. THANK YOU ALL.
Villagedad

Post by Villagedad »

Hi Tixylixy

I know some areas have more or less grammar schools and places than others so it would be interesting to know which county/area you are from, and if other competitive parents have made you panic in some way..?

Good luck with it all
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Hi Tixylixy

Welcome from me too! :) :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now