city of london 2010 help please

11 Plus Maths – Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

dp1

city of london 2010 help please

Post by dp1 »

Does anyone know the answers to question 30

A number of children are standing in a circle. They are evenly spaced and the 7th child is opposite the 18th child. How many children are there?

Question 36

Perimeter of a shape - can't draw it on here but i anyone has the paper, I think there needs to be more info for the question to be answered
WP

Re: city of london 2010 help please

Post by WP »

dp1 wrote:Does anyone know the answers to question 30

A number of children are standing in a circle. They are evenly spaced and the 7th child is opposite the 18th child. How many children are there?
As is often the case, the forum search facility leads to the answer:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... osite+18th" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
vivienphung

Post by vivienphung »

dp1 wrote:Does anyone know the answers to question 30

Question 36

Perimeter of a shape - can't draw it on here but i anyone has the paper, I think there needs to be more info for the question to be answered
Q36: ignoring the 7th and the 18th child, there are 10 children located in positions 8 th to 17th inclusive and the same number for the other half of the circle. So in total there must be 22 (10 +10+2 now includes the 7th and 18th child) in the circle.

On the move at the moment and font have the 2010 paper with me so can't help with q36 , sorry!
vivienphung

Post by vivienphung »

Q36 perimeter of the shape: the answer is 48 cm but difficult to explain without labelling the diagram.

Pm me with your email address, I shall then send you my answer in PDF.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now