how long should Bond 9-10 Maths Assessment paper take?

11 Plus Maths – Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
SleepyHead

Re: how long should Bond 9-10 Maths Assessment paper take?

Post by SleepyHead »

Hi Mystery,

... all really good food for thought. The techniques my daughter uses in the 9-10 book are new to her, (for example gridding or working out perimeter and area.) I hadn't thought that this could be a reason for her working more slowly than the recommended test time. Perhaps I will focus more on reinforcing her techniques and number recall. I will be using new medal maths (love that series) for this, rather than work on papers which I'll come back to later..

It seems that we are in a fairly similar situation with having to work beyond school's syllabus. I too don't have an exact syllabus, but we are given very broad topics like "working on fractions." I don't have any idea :roll: what aspect of fractions is being covered at school until it's done and brought home! ...so I just use Letts and Bond (age group) as my guide. I would use schofield and simms near school's end of year exams so that DD has constant practise of all the topics.

As always...this forum is invaluable, providing great advice and different opinions for me to think about.

Thanks for your input :)
SH
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now