Bond 9-10 book one, paper 10, page 26 questions 33-37

11 Plus Maths – Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
fatbananas

Re: Bond 9-10 book one, paper 10, page 26 questions 33-37

Post by fatbananas »

Funnily enough, I was looking back on the maths forum last night (as one does :roll: :lol: ), and came across this:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =2&t=25645. Jaysdarlin's response gave me comfort because she has 2 DS's already in Tiffin and if she was shocked by this, then we all have every reason to be!!

I haven't given this for DS to do again because I wanted to have an 'algebra' lesson with him first and then I thought I'd give it to him, as practice.

I seem to remember we had the diagonal question as well!

DS did paper 16 yesterday and got 29 out of 50 :cry: . I didn't tell him, but today we went through multiplying decimals, specifically multiples of 10 and decimals by other decimals, as it was these questions that he had clearly forgotten how to do. Tomorrow we are going over area, because he's also forgotten how to find the width of a rectangle, if he's given the area and the length: Q18 on this paper. The other areas were all very sloppy, like mis-adding something. I'm not too disheartened though because he quickly re-remembered, so it's more a question of reinforcement, I hope.

What book should we go up to, do you think, in preparation? 10-11/ 11-12/ 12-13?? I've seen mention of 12-13 on here, but haven't got it, so no idea what it looks like in terms of difficulty.

Fingers crossed that we do actually find out tomorrow about Kent Test. :roll:
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
mystery

Re: Bond 9-10 book one, paper 10, page 26 questions 33-37

Post by mystery »

Will you phone up Thursday to ask? We are going away so I'm kind of hoping it will all be crystal clear when we get back! (I can see the pigs flying.)

If it's the same old GL assessment again I'm going to have a good read through all 8 practice papers to see what they really need to be able to do rather than just ploughing willy nilly through Bond.

When my stepson did it many moons ago he only went up to Bond 9-10 and he got 140. He did the GL assessment papers and a mix of others too (don't know what the others were though).