GL Nets

11 Plus Maths – Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

fatbananas

GL Nets

Post by fatbananas »

hello, I was really unsure where to post this: maths, nvr, Kent ...

Do Nets come up in most 11+ exams? If so, is it maths and/ or NVR.

Also, have they had a habit of coming up in Kent thus far?
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
yoyo123

Re: GL Nets

Post by yoyo123 »

not so far!
mystery

Post by mystery »

They are not in the 8 question types for g l. Nvr ( see the 8 familiarisation papers and nvr explained book).

They are not in the 8 familiarisation papers for maths.

But, I am sure that spatial reasoning is included in other g l products. So maybe they will rustle some up for the new kent test.

I would suggest that they could appear in the maths part of the attainment paper if they form part of ks2 maths ( do they?) or in the reasoning paper if they don't.

Who knows?!
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

They certainly came up in both our sons CEM NVR tests and are a particular favourite round here for independent school entrance tests - especially the scholarship ones! As with any NVR practice, practice, practice helps - it is all useful for secondary maths anyway so certainly time well spent.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Besides, what else would you do with your evenings, if you were not cutting out 30 different style paper cubes for them to fold, draw on and practise with for the first week?
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

southbucks3 wrote:Besides, what else would you do with your evenings, if you were not cutting out 30 different style paper cubes for them to fold, draw on and practise with for the first week?
:lol: Perhaps I can turn it into some sort of Christmas decoration-related activity :twisted:

Thanks everyone. :)
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

"Perhaps I can turn it into some sort of Christmas decoration-related activity"

...I'm seeing a kind of "which one folds up to be the stable?" thing.... :D
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

You are giving me horrible flashbacks to last year's cubs party. Helping 25 over excited boys, filled with junk food, cut, fold and stick, " cubee craft " Santa clause characters that the leader had downloaded, as a fun activity. Not one of his most inspired ideas. :lol: My own son's was of course perfectly created :wink:
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

I saw a very tasteful advent calendar from that website that isn't on the high street and it had little boxes, numbered 1-24 hanging from some colourful twigs. I can't remember how much it cost, but I do remember thinking, who on earth would pay for that when you could so easily employ an 11+ candidate ... :mrgreen:
catwoman

Post by catwoman »

I just wanted to clarify are nets the same as cubes or is it something completely different ?