test 5 Q3b Numerical Reasoning...... First past the post

11 Plus Maths – Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
hasmum

test 5 Q3b Numerical Reasoning...... First past the post

Post by hasmum »

Hi,
Has anyone queried this question.... how do we know 19th of July is a Friday, even though they tell u the zoo closes early on a Friday in June and July there is no clue in the opening times or the question itself.

My dd went by the opening times for that period and put down 5 hours, but answer was 3 hours as it must be a Friday. :?
Ladymuck

Re: test 5 Q3b Numerical Reasoning...... First past the post

Post by Ladymuck »

The only thing that I can think of is that 19th July 2013 was a Friday, so the authors are assuming that you are using the current year. But I agree that it is not obviously from the question itself, and I wouldn't expect a child to have to assume something like this.
frangipani

Post by frangipani »

Hi,
I have this book, but not using it yet, it says:

On Friday 19th July, Katie arrived at 11.30am and leaves half an hour before it closes. how long does she spend at the Zoo?

Must be a typo in your copy...
hasmum

Post by hasmum »

Hi,
Thanks for replying, there is definately no mention of friday in the q, so it is a typo, this is the second typo we've noticed, there was a mistake in the answers in the earlier questions.

thanks again
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

No Friday in mine either :?
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

hasmum wrote:Hi,
Thanks for replying, there is definately no mention of friday in the q, so it is a typo, this is the second typo we've noticed, there was a mistake in the answers in the earlier questions.

thanks again
Hello, can you remember what the other mistake was, as I have no Friday either, and am a terrible self doubter, so you will be saving me 15 minutes of trying to figure out another way!
frangipani

Post by frangipani »

I remember, it was an area question:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =2&t=35165" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

That is really scarily coincidental, as I photocopied that exact page on its own for ds3 to work on for area practise this afternoon..it was still on the scanner on the page! Thank you for the measurement.
hasmum

Post by hasmum »

Hi,
In Test 1 Q4c the 90cm2 was missing and in the answer at the back it says shape B has an area of 12.4cm2 but it is 2cmx9.5cm=19cm2 according to my calculation....that is also typo.

The answer to 4b is also incorrect it says 16.4cm is the perimeter....am I GOING MAD. We did this a while ago and I forgot to mention the rest of the typos on the forum.

Who can I write to in order to notify them and bring this to the attention of others using these books, as have never come across this many typos in one book. As you sit there like a fool trying to work out where we have gone wrong when it is a typo :x normally you dont expect that!

We are upto Test 5 ...a bit disillusioned. :roll:
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Thank you for sharing...it is very frustrating, hopefully as some people had the 90 measurement they have rectified the errors in the latest print.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now