Khan Academy

11 Plus Maths – Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
russet

Re: Khan Academy

Post by russet »

So the stickies are to contain only suggestions of websites guest55 deems worthy and no dissent from that view is to be allowed. I do not care if my views are "widely respected" (as it seems by this you are implying them not to be as worthy of respect as guest55's), but that they should be equally well heard so that the people reading the forum can be given the respect of being able to make their own minds up.

At the end of the day, maths is maths and the Khan Academy is good at explaining maths. I have found it useful and so may others.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

That's not what's been said.

Clearly your (Russet) views and SBarnes' views are being taken seriously as they've been allowed to remain viewable.

Guest55 and the moderators were merely trying to disassociate the Khan Academy from Guest55 which is her prerogative to do so.

People will make their own choices based on the evidence and their knowledge of the posters, as indeed you are free to make your choice.
russet

Post by russet »

And I am merely asking for others to be allowed to suggest other websites to remain not only viewable, but on stickies, whether or not they reach guest55's approval.
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

And your request has been turned down, at least for the present, for reasons clearly explained by Etienne.

At the end of the day this valuable Forum is moderated by people who give their time and expertise freely, and they are perfectly entitled to make decisions with which we might not all agree, all of the time.

People are, of course, free to leave the Forum if they feel it is not meeting their needs.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

You have made your point russet and several long term posters have given their opinion.

Sally-Anne has explained our reasons for not endorsing Khan academy, I am locking this thread.