Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:10 pm 

The maths topic I was following has disappeared.. is that a glitch or has it been removed? It doesn't even show up in my posted area :-( Have I been banned as even history says it is an unknown page! I have put this in the maths section because that was what I was following ...move it if you need to, but first explain why I can't access my posts :-?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:22 pm 

I imagine because it derailed from the original thread and became a bit personal.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:32 pm 

Not sure how it got personal or derailed; answers to questions were suggested, that was all ... the last thing I saw was that the OP was going to give the advice a go, but now it is gone. If it was too personal then I would like to know how.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:37 pm 

Complaints were starting to come in about the 'tone' being adopted by one (or more) posters.
Not by you, NanoNano! :)

I think one of the moderators quarantined the thread pending a decision about what to do with it.

Sorry for any inconvenience. Sometimes it's necessary to intervene before a thread degenerates further, and there may not be time for an explanation (especially if moderators are busy dealing with other matters).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:23 pm 

Sorry to hear that... hope it wasn't prompted by me saying I passed the 11+ :-( In those days it was just another test and nothing to worry about in Bucks. As I hinted I am sure I passed because I love puzzles and see patterns instinctively, and that was what the test was in those days.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:32 pm 

Probably my fault for ........... [Edited by moderator]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:44 pm 

............ I have not once been paid for tutoring maths. I love maths and I love communicating maths. To me my posts are not there to complicate, but to demystify a subject which others, including Guest55, has said should be left to experts.
People of all different abilities read these threads. Indeed I have learnt a lot from others posting more complicated solutions on these threads.
............................................................... [Edited by moderator]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:12 pm 

An edited version of the original thread can be seen here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=43069

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]