Algebra / Fractions

11 Plus Maths – Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mum007

Algebra / Fractions

Post by Mum007 »

What knowledge is required for these two topics over and above the NC to the end of year 5? I am in Kent and the 11+ will be in September. I'm just wondering how far to take these two topics. Am self-tutoring.

Sorry to ask, but I've found this a comforting and helpful place to be! :)
twellsmum

Algebra/fractions

Post by twellsmum »

Hiya! Sorry I don't have an answer for you but would also like to find out the answer myself. Our next door neighbour's daughter is a teacher who has taught Y6 so I can ask her when she gtes back from holiday but that is not for at least another week so if anyone else knows please enlighten us both!
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi mum007

The algebra questions for NFER questions are contained within the available practice papers published by Letts.

The Tutors have written a maths syllabus for NFER maths in a CD format. There is a free demo in the interactive CDs section of the site that contains five algebra questions similar to those that will appear in the tests.

Regards

Mike
Mike Edwards is a co-author of The Tutors product range.
Mum007

Post by Mum007 »

Thank you for this helpful information, Mike. Could you describe the CD a bit more please? Is it just questions for practise or is there a tutoring section too for each topic? Thank you.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now