Timing!!!!!!!!!!! and Silly mistakes!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 Plus Maths – Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Is My Score Rubbish so I wouldn't pass

Rubbish You Wouldn't Pass
40%
OK proberley wouldn't pass
No votes
OK might Pass
40%
Don't Know
No votes
Good Proberley might Pass
20%

Total votes: 5

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
vetgal

Timing!!!!!!!!!!! and Silly mistakes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by vetgal »

Hi My Name Is Emma And I Cant Do Maths :( . when I Do a 11+ Test I always run out of time And Put Any old Answer In how can I speed up cos I only have 18 days untill the test! And Some times I make really silly mistakes and I am in the top of the class :shock: . I did a test today and got 35/50 And I know I wont pass With That. cos that is only 70% and if I hadn't made them silly mistakes I would have got 80%!
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
18 days 9 hours 5 minutes 2 seconds to go! :(
Emma
Loopyloulou

Post by Loopyloulou »

deleted
Last edited by Loopyloulou on Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loopy
vetgal

Post by vetgal »

Thankyou Loopy :D But Don't The Results Depend On How Many People Get a certurn amount :? :?:
Thanks For The Reply
Emma
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Do you get much support from your parents? You seem to have so many questions - are you getting help at home?
PM me if you need to, I got my son through last year.
vetgal

Post by vetgal »

OK Thanks Ed's Mum and yes i am getting help from my parents but they dont understand any of anything lol poor parents. :lol:
Emma
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi vetgal

My advice would be "don't make silly mistakes".

You will get some questions wrong because you do not know how to do them. If someone tells you how to do these questions then the next time you see them you will have a better chance of getting them right.

Everyone makes mistakes at some time. It is better to think about the good score that you have achieved.

Then in the next test think about getting one mark higher, then one mark higher, then one mark higher, etc. You only need to do this five times to get the score you want.

The tests you are taking now are preparation tests they are designed to prepare you for the real tests, just because you get a few low scores on preparation papers does not mean that you will not pass the real test.

In a test out of 50, if you need to get a score of 80%, you can get 10 questions wrong.

Regards

Mike
Mike Edwards is a co-author of The Tutors product range.
twellsmum

Post by twellsmum »

Hi Emma

My daughter is due to sit her 11+ same time as you and she too is slow. She is accurate and good as far as she goes but she just never finishes the papers (on maths, VR or NVR). Someone on the Kent site suggested getting a big clock with a second hand so you can see how long 30 seconds/ a minute is and also a watch with a big face/second hand for the day itself.

If it is any consolation, most of the mums I have been talking to over hte last few days have this worry about speed. You are taking the test five months earlier than the children off to secondary school this week and it is exactly teh same topics that you have to know. I am hoping that they will make some allowances/adjustments to reflect this.

Good luck!
Emma/Vetgal's Mum

Post by Emma/Vetgal's Mum »

Thanks and yes I agree with you to LO :D
Emma/vetgal's mum
11+Mum

Post by 11+Mum »

Was that lol or lo !?

vetgals mum :D :?:

From

11+Mum
Emma/Vetgal's Mum