Clitheroe Royal Grammar School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lancashire & Cumbria

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Patzie

Re: Clitheroe Royal Grammar School

Post by Patzie »

Hello

Does anyone know which type of Books I need for the CRGS exam as I don't want to purchase the wrong books etc?

Would I be best using the Bond Series or the Letts GL Assessment? Not much info on the School's web sites and NIL info on the Council Web Site?

Regards
Patzie :?
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

do you know whether the exam is multiple choice or standard form Patzie?

Sorry can;t help much as I am miles away in Kent. Reading through the thread it seems that you need to get to grips with some of the maths such as algebra. If you are not confident the "how to do" books are quite good and the Usborne Illustrated Maths dictionary and teh maths section of this forum has some very good tips too.

For NVR try the AE Tuition Books and how to do NR by bond.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... ia-11-plus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; according to this the papers are set by GL so there test papers would be appropriate. There may be more types of VR question that appear in the actual Lancs paper. May be worth asking a direct question about number of VR types in Lancs test to draw peoples attention to your query.
General work on vocabulary, times tables and quick mental maths helps a lot too.
East lancs mumof4

Post by East lancs mumof4 »

Hi Patzie, My daughter took the Clitheroe Grammar exam a couple of years ago. From what I can remember the papers were multiple choice. We used the papers from this site, IPS. They were very useful indeed.
We started six weeks before the exams, which was a little late, but worked for out DD. We couldn't find any information about the exams not being in catchment but found becoming familiar with these papers enough for DD to feel fairly confident to have a go.
I seem to remember DD finding the Verbal Reasoning and English easy compared to our local girls indi, however the Maths she found quite hard. As someone has said before (Nat I think) there were things on that DD had not covered at all! :shock: Algebra etc. However she did her best and was fortunate enough to be offered one of the 28 out of catchment places! (we turned it down though in favour of a Bursary at Westholme).
The CRG headteacher did say though, that her maths paper was a little lower than the English and Verbal Reasoning, so if I were you I really would concentrate on the Maths.
If you need any more information please get back to me either here or by PM. :D Good luck!
Who said children became easier when they grew older?
ahmer

Post by ahmer »

Any tips on clitheroe royal grammar entrance exam what type of questions, what to revise, any good websites. Help would be really appreciated.Thankyou. :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now