Anyone sitting Caistor this September?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Floss

Post by Floss »

Hi
Not really sure to be honest :roll: have PM'd you :D
Grimsbygirl

Post by Grimsbygirl »

Well the first test over and not sure if my son will pass. Have resigned self to not getting a place (not in catchment) although alternative local school is very good (Healing) so not too concerned.
Final test next week.
Good luck to everyone who goes for it.
Floss

Post by Floss »

Hi Grimsbygirl,
I'm also in Grimsby and we were out of catchment as well so keep your hopes up :) Keeping my fingers crossed for your son on Saturday for the second test
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

Hi Grimsbygirl and everyone else whose child sat Caistor today. I hope it went well for everyone. Good luck to all of our children :)
As a fellow out of catchment mum do I take we are looking for the word 'impressive' in the letter to be confident of a place?! Is that how everyone else read today's letter?
I forgot to say could you please not discuss the actual paper until after Saturday 26th as some children have still to take it next Saturday. Will a moderator keep an eye on this please? Thanks!
Floss

Post by Floss »

Good luck to all
Just wanted to say that my daughter (and a few other people I know) DIDN'T get the 'impressive' letter but still got in, and we're out of catchment
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

Thanks for that Floss.
Have just reread the letter they sent saying basically local candidates scoring consistently in the 80s for practise papers should fall within the 75th percentile and be OK and out of catchments need to be at least in the 85th percentile so I'm now stressing how high this means? In the 90s do you think? My son will be so dissappointed if he doesn't get in...
Floss

Post by Floss »

Sounds pretty much the same letter we got last year. From what I understood to get the 'impressive' letter they needed to be scoring nearer the 90 but anything in the mid 80s should be good enough to get in. Of course it all depends on how many get the 'impressive' score but I know from last year there were children who got this letter but decided against Caistor and went for Louth instead, thats why the school ask if you're going to put them first on your choices form. Doesn't help when you won't know their score :(
I can't tell you not to get stressed because you will :)
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

Thanks Floss. I'm getting more and more stressed as the results dates get closer! I didn't realise it would stress me out so much, but it's awful. I'm sick of going over the scenarios and worrying that the whole thing was too easy and everyone's going to get mid 90s!!
I just dread having to tell him that he hasn't got in,if that is the outcome, as he's so desperate to go, even though he's also taken the Consortium exams.
I hope you don't mind me asking but how did you know that your daughter had not only passed but got a place?
I hope the sleepover went well BTW. :)
Floss

Post by Floss »

Firstly sleepover went ok although we had a couple of tearful phonecalls all was well in the end and I think she enjoyed it :)
When we got the letter I rang the school (they said was ok to ring) and spoke to deputy head, he was lovely and said although they're not allowed to tell you the results or what chance they had of getting in, he told me she had done extremely well and just put our first choice school as the one we really wanted, I took that as a good sign and thought that in a roundabout way he was saying she had a good chance of getting in ! A friends son also sat the test and he got a letter saying that although he had passed the 11+ his score wasn't high enough for him to be offered a place, so I think they try and help you as much as they can.
Keeping my fingers crossed for a good result for you, I know exactly what you're going through I felt sick waiting for the results and then for the letter to find out if you've been accepted :?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now