Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:01 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:07 pm 

Does anyone have any idea of the amount of out of catchment places for either school Sep2010?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:26 am 

There are no set number of places for in area or out of area children in either of these schools. Rather, children living within a defined area get priority when allocating the places. The number of places which go to "in area" children will vary from year to year - but I have not heard of any years where all places have been filled by "in area" children.
If you live outside the defined inner area then score becomes important. This year children living outside the 6.5 mile radius for Caistor Grammar needed to score 242 or more to get a place.
I am not sure what the cut-off score for places for children living outside the DTA for KEVIGS was but I think the school would tell you this if you were to ring them.
Both school regularly admit children from across the county borders.
As you will probably know Caistor sets its own exams and does 2 VR tests, whereas KEVIGS uses the Lincolnshire Consortium tests, one VR and one NVR. Exam dates for Caistor often clash with Consortium test dates so you may need to make special arrangements in order to sit both.