Receiving results?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ourmaminhavana

Receiving results?

Post by ourmaminhavana »

Hi,
I know that the results are due to be posted out on Friday, however
does anyone know if children who sat the consortium 11 plus in their primary school receive them through the primary school and if so when can we expect to hear?
Thanks.
gogogirl

receiving results

Post by gogogirl »

my daughter attends a small lincolnshire primary and the parents of the children taking the tests september 2008 were informed by the head teacher on the friday not sure if this will be the case in all schools or eeven in ours this year, also not sure if just best to wait for the letter which should arrive saturday
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

Thanks. I'd heard of this and wondered if it still happened. Did you get any indication as to the mark/percentile too?
gogogirl

Post by gogogirl »

yes last years parents did get their childrens scores. are you waiting for results from king edward and caistor?
11+Newbie

Post by 11+Newbie »

When my child took their 11+ at the primary school two years ago, the letter came from the grammar.

The primary knew a few days before, I believe, but didn't say anything and also the score wasn't on the letter and the primary wouldn't disclose the score until after 1st March the following year!! (once our school place had been offered).

I found this odd, as in Sleaford they all got their scores when they got the results.
wonderwoman

Post by wonderwoman »

I am sure the primary schools are not supposed to give results (I have never heard of this before) prior to the letter from the grammar, which will be sent on 9th October, this year.
The results were sent early last year with no warning, they arrived midweek. Some grammars send marks, some don't. You can ask for the actual mark if it is not given in the letter.
11+Newbie

Post by 11+Newbie »

Our grammar would not give the mark, hence we had to wait until the following March to find out the actual score.
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

Thanks everyone. Gogogirl we're waiting for the Consortium results and Caistor's. The latter were supposed to post them on Friday too, but then said it would be sometime in the week commencing the 12th. I just want it over :roll:
wonderwoman

Re: receiving results

Post by wonderwoman »

gogogirl wrote:my daughter attends a small lincolnshire primary and the parents of the children taking the tests september 2008 were informed by the head teacher on the friday
I've just reread this - did the parents get told privately, or did they ask and were told? I think this is highly irregular. As I understand it, the primaries just administer the consortium's test for the grammars, it is their test and they are responsible for informing parents.
gogogirl

Post by gogogirl »

I was told by a parent of a child who passed the consortium test that they were told by the primary on the Friday.
Our children sit the test at king Edward and not at their school.
The school must have been informed by the Friday.
I am not sure without asking the parent whether the score was given at the point of the rests or when the primary knew they had been offered places.
I will post on here if we get to know early.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now