NON VERBAL REASONING- LINCOLNSHIRE

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
JESSICA

NON VERBAL REASONING- LINCOLNSHIRE

Post by JESSICA »

Hi,

Could anyone whose child has sat NFER NVR paper shed any light as to the question types. Are they the same as those in the practice NFER papers - See below- Or are there others that need to practised ...

Analogies
Matrices
Sequences
Codes
Most like OR most unlike

Could anyone also be kind enough to recommend any pratice material.
Thanks
Jessica
Alex

Post by Alex »

Hello Jessica,

The NVR exam for Lincolnshire this year consisted of 4 sections, with 16 questions in 3 of the sections and 17 in the 4th, each section to be completed in 8 minutes. I am not sure which of the question types you mention were covered but there were not any other types included.

We used for practice the following:

Bond: How to do Non-Verbal Reasoning - a good introduction to method
AFN: Non-Verbal Reasoning Practice Tests - a bit easier than NFER but
same types - they are multi-choice and allow more time so you
need to answer on the sheet and cut dwn on the time allowed to
simulate the real thing more closely.
Eleven Plus Exams: Non-Verbal Reasoning Practice Teats 1 2 & 3 - down-
loadable from this site.

There are more suggestions on the Non Verbal Reasoning section, I think from Andrew the Poet.

Good Luck.
louise

Post by louise »

Hi Jessica

We practised with the Bond 'How to do non-verbal reasoning' step by step guide, however these were so easy compared to the NFER practice NV papers that it was quite a shock for my son, myself and my husband when we got round to doing the NFER papers. We couldn't believe that they expect a child to work out some of the questions in 30secs. I think as Alex suggests practice with a variety of papers as what my son got on the day threw him as I think the format was different to what he was expecting. Hidden shapes, nets of cubes, similarities are also covered in the Bond books. Good luck.
Jessica

Post by Jessica »

Thanks for all that useful inforamtion.

Jessica
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now