Practice Papers for Lincolnshire Consortium Tests

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

RaineB

Practice Papers for Lincolnshire Consortium Tests

Post by RaineB »

We went to look round King Edward VI grammar school in Louth a couple of weeks ago and I asked about practice papers. I was told that they had been sent to the primary school and to contact them about it, which I did. Yesterday, I got a note from school to say they do not coach for 11+ in school and they also sent me a photocopy of the letter from KEVIGS saying the practice papers were not to be passed on to parents :evil: . I originally thought it was the policy for this area not to do any prep. However, a friend of mine whose DD goes to a different primary school in Grimsby told me her school had done a test with the practice papers.

We have been preparing DS at home without a tutor. I'm now wondering what to do. I feel that DS is going to be at a disadvantage as we haven't seen the practice papers - any thoughts as to whether or not this is likely to make a difference? Also, I'm debating whether we should get DS a couple of sessions with a tutor who may have access to them. I don't know whether it's worth talking to school again but conscious that I've only got a few days before they break up.

Any suggestions (or am I making too much of it)?
ourmaminhavana

Re: Practice Papers for Lincolnshire Consortium Tests

Post by ourmaminhavana »

I've PMed you.