Last Lap Q

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Linx11

Last Lap Q

Post by Linx11 »

One more day left... I would appreciate any wise words from anyone who knows if the AE Tuition NVR Workbooks cover levels that are above the 11 plus standard. For example, under Matrices the degree of difficulty goes up to Level 5 (ie 5 layers of change) which is hugely challenging for yours truly never mind the children.

PS The workbook is entitled 11+ & CATs for aged 9-12 - raising the query in my mind that the higher level relate to CATs for 12 year olds.

Many thanks to Alex and those who run this site; the advice provided is very much appreciated and difficult to find elsewhere.
Alex

Re: Last Lap Q

Post by Alex »

I found them difficult too! I don't think the real exam is any more difficult than what you encounter in the Letts or NfER/Nelson practice tests - they look almost identical to them as well. I can't remember "counting up" the levels of changes but I think the really difficult ones are not so much difficult because of the number of changes but because they tend to obscure the real change you need to be looking for amidst other irrelevant things which look like they might matter. e.g. you spend ages trying to follow different rotations of various shapes only to find that all that matters is the overall numbers of sides, etc, etc

All the very best for tomorrow and next week!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now