How did it go then?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

loo1965

Re: How did it go then?

Post by loo1965 »

Ooooh spooky that's the DVD we've promised - in fact just started watching it

Re: scores I think I read 229 was the lowest score that got in this year. I'm just a bit more nervous about his NVR but well see
Lily B

Post by Lily B »

I hope everyone has a nice relaxing evening. Frankly I think all the children who sat the test deserve a medal for being so brave. It seems like such a daunting thing for children of their age. Good luck to everyone for next week. What a relief it will be when it's all over!
Jetster

Post by Jetster »

I agree :) , yesterday I took them to the cinema for a treat. We had a lovely time but now back on it for the final stretch. He's got football this morning so will fit in another paper this afternoon.
loo1965

Post by loo1965 »

Football for us as well this morning
But watching the Rugby at the moment - come on England :lol:
Jetster

Post by Jetster »

Rugby on here too :D
emmgemuk

Post by emmgemuk »

I too heard last years lowest qualifying score was 229 on appeal for Kings.
My DS felt it was easier than the practise tests he had done, which I find very scary, surely if they all found it easy that will just push up the pass mark? He got to the end but skipped 4. Last year DD missed the entire codes section an still passed with 238.
Does anyone know if you have to pass both tests or is the pass mark combined from the 2? IE could you get 60% in one and 90% in he other and still pass?
Alex

Post by Alex »

You do not have to "pass" each test individually. It is the combined score on both tests which matters - so a high score on one can compensate for a low score on the other so long as the standardised mark over both is 220+.
emmgemuk

Post by emmgemuk »

Thanks Alex, so it is definately worth cramming this week for the NVR, this is DS's strongest paper in the practise we have done. What a busy week coming up! We are looking around 4 other local schools in the next 2 weeks, decisions decisions!!