How are all the Lincolnshire parents and children feeling...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Jetster

How are all the Lincolnshire parents and children feeling...

Post by Jetster »

now the applications for school places are in?

I am thinking, I really hope we've made the right decision. None of his school friends are going to the same school, having said that he does find it easy to make friends so it shouldn't be a problem. Just that he has made some special friends and it's just a shame that they won't be moving up together.

How confident are you of getting offered a place at your chosen school? I think we should be okay, so I'm as confident as I can be.
teffi

Re: How are all the Lincolnshire parents and children feelin

Post by teffi »

Hi Jetster
My DD has applied to KGGS Grantham. Am fairly confident because we live under 2 miles away and I believe there is some sort of catchment area in the event of oversubcription (unlike Kings where my DS goes)

It is difficult knowing whether the right decision has been made, however it is what she wants to do and some of her friends from primary school have also applied there. This includes a couple who live nearby ( over the road or round the corner) so they could walk to school together if they all get in.

They do make new friends in Year 7. My DS did and so will my DD. I'm fully expecting it and want that to happen. It's what it's all about. So your son will be fine, no worries.
Jetster

Post by Jetster »

Thank you! I'm sure he will be fine. Sounds like your DD will be fine too, nice that she'll have friends to walk to school with :)
LoobyLoo

Post by LoobyLoo »

Hi all
Submissions all done and dusted (we've a younger one starting primary in 2012 too) so now its just a waiting game. Our first choice is Kings and we have a score of 231 so I'm keeping everything crossed that will be enough.
March seems such a long time away but no doubt it'll soon creep round.
Only a few others from our sons school have applied, the majority of his friends and neighbours applying elsewhere as we're out of County in neighbouring Notts. He has wanted this all along and is quite looking forward to making new friends. I just hope he does get in, he's got his heart set on it so much. I know it'll be hard for him as there are some much higher scores out there but we firmly beleive its the right school for him, not only academically but to suit his personality too.
Good luck all. We need a 'waiting for school choice' forum!! :D
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Loobyloo - don't worry forums will be quite be quite busy prior to allocation meanwhile there is always the rehab section to try out... following the recent wedding thread we could have a "countdown to allocation thread"!!
Jetster

Post by Jetster »

Fingers crossed LoobyLoo for your DS x x
Desperado99

Post by Desperado99 »

Hey Jetster!

We're as confident as we can be about DD getting in to Kevigs. DD is OK, although her two best mates didn't qualify so we did have lots of tears over that. She does have other friends going (12 children in her class qualified) and she makes friends easily, so she is still excited about it and has been discussing which clubs to go to etc.

We're even more relieved, as the merger between the non-selectives in Louth has collapsed (they announced it on November 1st.... which I find rather contrived) so any decision we could have made on that front would have been flawed.....

So generally (apart from not wanting to send my darling baby off to big school :wink: why did I ever watch Educating Essex? :roll: ) all is good here.

I have my fingers crossed for everyone xx

D