Results out 2012

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
wonderwoman

Re: Results out 2012

Post by wonderwoman »

september2010 wrote:We have no results from Bourne yet what does this mean. Are passes sent out first?
They should all be sent the same day. The year my eldest DC took the 11+ our friend didn't get the letter until the following Thursday, but managed to get the result from the grammar school on the Monday. The post is not always reliable - I'm surprised there isn't some electronic method yet.
bonkers wrote:Well I don't mind admitting that my child has passed with a score in the 230's I was really pleased with that but it would appear that it isn't that great
That is a good score.
secondtime

Post by secondtime »

Wow, well done everyone!

I didn't post score as letter doesn't tell us for KGGS. Actually score is not relevant as distance criteria kicks in.
Still curious though as I knew all the details for my other two as they were boys.

Think I can find out from primary next week.

All results are posted at the same time I think - So it will just be a rubbish postal service - dont read anything into it! Good Luck!
september2010

Post by september2010 »

The waiting is awful!
bonkers

Post by bonkers »

september2010 wrote:The waiting is awful!
Oh no I have to admit that was my dread that the post would get messed up and we wouldn't find out until Monday or later. I will keep everything crossed that you get good news asap.
september2010

Post by september2010 »

Thank you!
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

Bonkers - if you check the forum 12m ago, there was no obsession with score, in fact on results day, score wasn't mentioned once - that's because, no one knew the score,. If you wanted the score you had to request it the following week. To all Lincolnshire DC's who have passed - well done, whether you have passed with 220, 230, 240, 250 whatever - you have done brilliant. To all those who haven't reached 220, well done you for your amazing efforts and for having the guts to do it.
bonkers

Post by bonkers »

Stocky wrote:Bonkers - if you check the forum 12m ago, there was no obsession with score, in fact on results day, score wasn't mentioned once - that's because, no one knew the score,. If you wanted the score you had to request it the following week. To all Lincolnshire DC's who have passed - well done, whether you have passed with 220, 230, 240, 250 whatever - you have done brilliant. To all those who haven't reached 220, well done you for your amazing efforts and for having the guts to do it.
Where did I mention an obsession with score... I simply said that I was really pleased with the result my child had achieved although now it didn't sound so great in comparison to some scores that have been mentioned or hinted at. Without being at risk of being repetitive I explained in my original post I only found this forum a couple of days before the exam, I came on to look today after lurking for a while thinking that there would be some really happy posts!
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

I was saying last year - on this day - all we knew was that DC had passed or (not) and there were no 'score' posts as noone knew the score. You said that 'Dc's 230+ score wasn't 'as great in comparison' - i disagree, its fantastic - nothing more nothing less. well done to your DC!
FluxCapacity

Post by FluxCapacity »

Hello.

We heard on Thursday that my dd had a "very impressive" score for Caistor (= out of catchment go ahead and apply you should get in) which we are over the moon about. Heard today that she also passed the consortium test (at QEHSG) with a very good score too.

We didn't pay for tutoring, but I did buy a number of books as recommended on here - used Bond, Letts, IPS and GL - so she was exposed to a wide range of question types and timescales - and practised a bit but not excessively from about May onwards. Definitely paid off. And now I have the books ready for next 2 kids in 3 & 4 years time.

She is so delighted as Caistor seems to be the only local(ish) school offering Latin!

Thanks.
Angie76

Post by Angie76 »

Well done FluxCapacity

Yes the impressive letter is the one everyone hopes for as the school suggest that this will mean they have a place. We never expected this letter so we are thrilled also but struggling to decide which will be our first choice. QEHSG or Caistor aaarrrrggghhh I don't know!!
We are 13.5 miles away from QE but bus picks up fairly close to our house but we are 16.5 away from Caistor and I would need to drive my son 5 miles to get on the bus every morning and again to collect him after school!!
Obviously we would now consider moving but still unsure which to choose.
Anyone who has kids at either could you please put any info regarding each school as it may help.

Thank you
Angie76 :?