Bourne grammar admission ploicy

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Stanners

Bourne grammar admission ploicy

Post by Stanners »

Thankfully had letter from Bourne grammar saying daughter had met required standard etc. But they said no score given out.
How is admission decided as letter hinted that actual score does not play a part, no ranking. I know its looked after children, siblings then distance from school.
Thanks
Stocky

Re: Bourne grammar admission ploicy

Post by Stocky »

Hi Stanners - firstly very well done to your daughter. Whilst I have no knowledge of Bourne specifically that sounds like the standard Lincs grammar admission policy, so score has no relevance unless its is Caistor or Kings. It is as it is listed, those in LA care and SEN's get the first places, then siblings and any remaining places are allocated based on driving distance to the school using microsoft mappoint. The school should be able to give you more specifics on what this distance has been in recent years or maybe someone with Bourne knowledge may be along soon. Good luck!
Stanners

Post by Stanners »

Thanks. I keep googling to see if i can find where places were allocated last year. I am sure I have previously seen a map with the info on.
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

You could try asking the county council or the school...Good luck. :)
Alex

Post by Alex »

Bourne Grammar increased its Published Admission number for entry last year in the middle of the admissions round. It went up to 180 from 150. The result of this was that every qualified child eventually got a place last year. The admission number is 180 for this year too. It is possible that the word has spread and they may get more applicants from further afield this year but the extra places should mean that the distance goes out a lot further than it used to even if it does end up being over subscribed.
secondtime

Post by secondtime »

Allocation maps of 2012 places can be found on Lincs CC website. Places look widely allocated for Bourne.

See link:

http://www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/parents/ ... =downloads" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope that helps.
Stanners

Post by Stanners »

Thanks. That map is reassuring.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now