still waiting

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
JaneO

still waiting

Post by JaneO »

zzzzzzzzzzz - the sound I'm now making as its been 17 weeks since my daughter's first 11+ here in Lincolnshire and we still have 3 weeks to wait for the results. Not nervous anymore just numb with the waiting thing. Also needed a reason to post on the Lincolnshire thread, I think I must be on my own up here zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!
MM

Hello from Kent

Post by MM »

Hi Jane

Wow! What a long wait - we have to wait 7 weeks in total in Kent and I thought that was bad. Good luck with the waiting :)

Rgs, MM
Cat

Lincolnshire Eleven Plus

Post by Cat »

My daughter took her eleven plus in Lincolnshire and we are fed up with the waiting. The schools knew before Christmas so why make the cnildren wait?

Good luck everyone

Cat x

Post by Guest »

Good luck to you and you're daughter Cat.

Do you find out if she's passed and get allocated the school on the same day?

My daughter found out she'd passed in the middle of November, but don't know if she's got a place till 1st of March.(we are in Lancs)

The wait is awful, especially when you think that the majority of places were probably issued weeks and weeks ago!!

Footymad. :x
JaneO

still waiting

Post by JaneO »

Hi Cat,

The waiting is terrible and your'e right, the schools did know long before Christmas it seems so unfair to make the children wait so long I don't suppose it will make any difference if we complained etc. The other problem is that my daughter is working herself into a lather over it. Her and her friends keep discussing it as they are all so keen to stay together when they move in September. I'm running out of things to say to her. There has been no pressure on her from us, the not knowing is enough to apply that all on its own.

For Guest - we get the results a week on Saturday (25th) and the offer letter 1st March.
DJ

waiting is terrible

Post by DJ »

Hi,

I have just come back to the forum as my nervous twitches from waiting are getting harder to ignore.

My son took the 11+ in Lincolnshire last Oct and Nov 2005, so I know just how you feel.

Still, it's only a few more days to wait...
Ami

Move the exams?

Post by Ami »

All this waiting ... should the test/ exams be held later in the year to give children better time to prepare and have the 11 plus exams closer to the key stage 2 exams?
Cat

Still waiting

Post by Cat »

Hi all

Well some kids in Lincolnshire already know, loads of congrats have been in the newspaper in Sleaford, so thats even more unfair!

My daughter is really anxious now, the school have told a couple of the parents that there has been "no suprises" in relation to who has and who hasnt passed. So what does that mean?

Oh well only two days to go, this is worse than waiting for them to be born!!!!!!!

Good luck everyone, hope all your children get the result and the school they want

Cat x
JaneO

Post by JaneO »

Ami

No I don't think moving the exams closer to the SATS would be helpful, that would jsut apply the pressure all at the same time. The second test in Lincolnshire was taken on 12th November, our head teacher has known since the end of November apparently, I just think the children and parents have the right to find out the results at that point. We are in the enviable position that if you child passes then you should get the school of your choice. So the wait to March the 1st wouldn't be so bad, its the not knowing the result of the test itself that is so hard.

Still nearly Saturday, the person I feel most sorry for now though is our postman, my daughter is planning to go out into our village to find him!! poor guy.

Good luck to everyone.

p.s.
Cat

How do people in Sleaford know already, I don't get that?
HappyDays

Post by HappyDays »

Sorry to butt in, I don't live in Lincolnshire but I thought we all got the results at the same time - 1 March. Am I wrong? I know that last year a child that I know heard the week before everyone else and I don't know if she was speaking a little untruth, or that she did hear the previous week.

In my area we hear absolutely nothing until the date we find out about the actual school that will be attended. Oh I am confused sometimes, as well as stressed.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now