Only A Few Weeks to Go

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

SJ

Only A Few Weeks to Go

Post by SJ »

Just a quick post to wish everyone a happy new year and although I am sure no-one needs reminding, the weeks are now in single figures until we should hear whether our children have gained a place at their chosen school.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Hi SJ,

Happy New Year to you as well! I must say I had not thought of allocations day as being so near - March seems ages away - I forget that 1st March is right at the beginning of it!

Was it Spalding GS you put first? Shall be looking out for your message in March. I am sure it will be good news.
SJ

Post by SJ »

Hi Alex,

Happy New Year to you and your family, I wish you all the very best for 2007. Yes it was Spalding GS that we put as first choice. I think little man will be bitterly disappointed if he doesn't get offered a place, but we will just have to wait and see. Did you also put Spalding GS as your first choice?
Alex

Post by Alex »

Hello SJ,

Spalding is way south from us so it's not on our list - we have 2 grammars and one comprehensive listed and I suppose we are lucky in that we would be fairly happy with any of them, but two of the schools are not easy journeys so we hope the nearest will be the one we get!

All the best.

Post by Guest »

Hi Alex

I have sent you a PM when you get a chance to read it.

Many thanks
ANDREW THE POET

MARCH 1ST

Post by ANDREW THE POET »

Yes, good luck to you SJ and everyone else involved in this odd process - March 1st looms! I'll keep on checking back here to see how things have worked-out. I 'took' a lot from this site in the run-up to my own son's 11+, so hope to give a little back by way of advice and help to others who find themselves faced with the 11+ in 2007. As such, I aim to be a regular reader/supporter of this forum. I may not have all the answers, but I'm a good listener/reader - you see, we men are warm and cuddly on the inside really!? It's my New Year's Resolution - to be a 'Modern Man'.
Sorry, rambling as ever!!
ANDREW THE POET

Continued ....

Post by ANDREW THE POET »

Have even managed to belatedly register as a statement of intent, re the last post!
Alex

Post by Alex »

Hello Andrew,

Glad this year's suffering parents will be able to enjoy your posts as we did last year!

As you have now registered shall send you a pm just to celebrate!
Lincs mum

Bourne Grammar

Post by Lincs mum »

Is there anybody out there with any news about how far the catchment area for Bourne Grammar likely to extend this year?
Louise

Post by Louise »

Not sure but our village, approximately 8 miles from Bourne, was encouraged to apply for the first time in about 5 years.
Louise
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now