Reserve list yr 8

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

MumLincs

Reserve list yr 8

Post by MumLincs »

Just wondered if anyone who has received the letter about whether to keep your child on the waiting list for yr 8 at QEHS Gainsborough has opted to remove their child from the list and knows what number they were on the list? My son hasn't moved from his position - still where he was at the beginning of yr 7.
flagmanter

Re: Reserve list yr 8

Post by flagmanter »

My son has moved down the reserve list by 2 places. The school told us that those children who have siblings that were admitted into Y7 in September 2014 will have moved to the top of the list, relegating my son. Quite frustrating really!
Blueberrypie

Post by Blueberrypie »

I know of a pupil who has just started QEHS in year 8, she wasn't on the reserve list as she failes 11+ but has just passed 12+ and got straight in, so a place that came up has been taken before even getting to the reserve list. Sorry, must be so frustrating :(
Blueberrypie

Post by Blueberrypie »

Obviously she lives closer than anyone on the reserve list.
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

I know someone with a year 10 child and its normal to get a letter, she does every year, its also normal that your place on the waiting list will move as alot can happen in the 5 years you are on it. That's interesting re current year 8 , as the PAN for QE is 180 and the current year 8 had 4 successful appeals, so the successful person has either passed 12 plus (which would put them at whatever place on the reserve list) and successfully appealed oversubscription or were placed high on reserve list due to sibling/distance and several people have left a or had qualified already and now has a year 7 sibling as that is now another issue-the current year 7 has no waiting list and all qualified applicants got a place (up to 21 miles), so their qualified siblings in higher years, shoot to the top, which whilst frustrating I think it should work both ways, saying that there would need to be alot of kids leaving out of current years 8-10 as they are all above pan and there is not a big history of movement on the waiting list at this school. At the end of the day its a lottery each year with this school, the year my DD took it, its was the lowest pass rate for years, a low sibling year, yet we lost out on distance by the 2nd worst in ten years. I will eternally be grateful for a successful appeal, but if it had failed and DS had passed like he did the next year and got in, I would expect DD to move up the reserve list because of it, roles reversed and all that. We must also remember that people have to move with jobs etc, so if we moved now into another 11 plus area and DD/DS took the test and passed, I wouldn't think it fair that they were placed bottom of the pile, but the appropriate place on the waiting list, frustrating for anyone it effects I know.
Blueberrypie

Post by Blueberrypie »

Interesting Stocky. I know the current year 8 were 4 over but i know of 2 kids who have left from my daughters class alone during yr 7, dont know about anyone leaving from other forms but i am sure there are a few more. I think the kids just didn't settle being seperated from their main group of friends who had gone onto local comps so they have left to join them. Frustrating for those waiting though.