Gainsborough QEHS testing from September 2015

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Stocky

Gainsborough QEHS testing from September 2015

Post by Stocky »

The school mentioned a while ago that there would be changes to the test from next year. I received a letter yesterday from QEHS via DD2's primary school, stating that from next September, the test will be administered by QEHS direct and will consist of a VR and NVR paper as normal but will be in multiple choice not standard format. The tests will be on the 12 and 19 September.
Clarek851

Re: Gainsborough QEHS testing from September 2015

Post by Clarek851 »

Horncastle also said the tests were changing.
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

Yes I believe its the whole Consortium
Blueberrypie

Post by Blueberrypie »

Oh, i had a look at some of the multiple choice version VR papers in error (bought the wrong set when revising for the 11+), i have to say i didn't like them at all, i felt because they were multiple choice they were a bit harder so you really had to know your stuff. All choices would be very similar so more than one of the answers could possibly fit, it was quite hard deciphering which would fit 'best'. I think it would be easy to make a mistake especially with the nerves on the day. Let me know what you think stocky if you get chance to have a look at one of these papers.
Clarek851

Post by Clarek851 »

Hi, I mentioned this to my daughters teacher this morning and the style of paper has been released to schools who request it. It is multi choice but also the wording of the English sections has been bought up to date to include new terminology to reflect more popular spoken word. Goodness knows what that means..
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

When I had a conversation with the school a few months ago, they said there are certain words which are really outdated. They quoted in an example "stationmaster".
JRM

Post by JRM »

I have also just had the letter from my daughter's primary school and spotted that they had changed to the multiple choice format. The wording of the letter didn't make it seem like there had been any other significant changes so I was planning on preparing her the same way as my DS who sat the test in 2012. I had some multiple choice and standard versions of the same tests when he sat it and tbh we couldn't see that it made much difference. There must be some reason to change though so I will keep my eye out when we look at them next year. Meanwhile, I will have to start looking back at this forum so that you lovely knowledgeable people can let me know if there are any other changes that I should be aware of. So this is me signing back in. Good luck to everyone as we think about this long road again :-)
The more that you read, the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.
Dr Seuss
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now