Go to navigation
It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:08 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:46 pm 

Hi all

I normally only read the 11+ forum, but I thought this may be of interest to some people. I did comment on a post last night, but thought it really deserved its own topic.

Queen Elizabeth's are consulting on changing their admissions policy for 2016. I think it's only been recently published as I haven't previously seen or heard anything about it. In a nutshell they are introducing a 9 mile driving distance radius, these children will be allocated by driving distance. Any children over 9 miles driving distance will be allocated places by score.

Not sure what the school are hoping to achieve by this, but it doesn't really affect me as we live within the 9 miles.

You are able to comment on the policy and it is available to view here: http://www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/parents/ ... 92.article

Interesting read!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:07 pm 

Thank you for drawing attention to this.

Consultation opens in January for anyone wanting to comment.

It will be interesting to see if the policy change results in much change in the profile of the intake. I always thought the first big changes in Grammar school Admissions policies would have come from the new academies but I was wrong!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:15 am 

That's a big change. Thank you for the heads up. It would affect my daughter's year and we live just over 9 miles away. Fortunately she has an older brother already there, but I have shared this to her friends as this could affect them.

The more that you read, the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.
Dr Seuss