Lincolnshire Tests

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Alex

Lincolnshire Tests

Post by Alex »

Please note changes to the Lincolnshire tests
- these will be in Multiple Choice Format where the answers are marked on a separate answer sheet which is "read" by an optical reader for marking, instead of the answers being entered on the question paper as in Standard Format

- the verbal reasoning tests have been updated and will have more types of question and a wider pool of questions

Tests are the same for all Lincolnshire Grammars except Caistor. Pass mark is a standardised aggregate score of 220 across the two tests with no obligation to score a "pass" in either one individually.

VR Test:
As this will be the first year of the new format tests the number of questions is not known - multiple choice format tests usually require fewer questions to be answered in the time span, but I do not have any information as to the number of questions yet. Until this year there were 100 questions to be answered in 50 minutes.
Multiple Choice Format
Set by NFER
Need to know all 21 question types (as published by IPS) plus a few extras like mixed letter and number codes and "crosswords". The extra types can be found in the Susan Daughtrey books 1 to 4.
NfER has been asked to widen the pool and types of question and to update the questions to eliminate some which were felt to be too out of keeping with children's experience nowadays or were too culturally specific. Some question types like the little crossword would not lend themselves to multiple choice format so will be replaced.

NVR Test:
65 questions The number of question and timing for this year is not certain as yet
Last year , questions organised into 4 sections of 16 questions plus an extra in one of the sections. 8 minutes to complete each section.
Multiple Choice Format
Set by NFER
Same question types as are found in the NFER Nelson published practice tests.

Edited August 2015
guest101

Post by guest101 »

Hi,

Do you know what the max score is over the 2 papers ?
Just wanted an idea as to what the 220 was out of. 300 ??

Thanks.
Alex

Post by Alex »

The maximum standardised mark over the two tests is 282.
(with thanks to NorthLincs for the information)

Edited Sep 2011 to add:
In papers produced by LCC for an appeal this year the highest possible mark was noted as 286
smila2

Re: Lincolnshire Tests

Post by smila2 »

Hi

Could anybody tell me if the first :D :D post is still correct as noticed it was posted in 2008. My daughter will be sitting the test this sept for KG in Grantham. Would appreciate any help.

Thanks
Alex

Post by Alex »

Yes still correct for all the Consortium Schools.

Boston Grammar Schools Federation is no longer part of the Consortium though.
Jetster

Post by Jetster »

Are the extra type of questions that are not covered in the IPS 21, in just one of the SD books or do I have to buy all 4?!

Ty
Alex

Post by Alex »

Jetster,

Sorry for the late reply - please see the reply to LincolnImp in this thread: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 21&t=21570" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jetster

Post by Jetster »

Brilliant, thanks Alex. I do have book 1 so that will have SD9 in :)
Minniemooface

Post by Minniemooface »

Daughter just sat these tests in Sept 2016 .

VR 80 questions in 50 mins Multiple Choice

NVR 70 questions in 35 mins in 5 sections (14 questions in each section) Multiple Choice

She said they had practise questions at the beginning of each test as well.
easter

Post by easter »

Now the test is over can we access copies of the test from any where? I don't need practice papers I would like to see the actual paper to see how many of the NVR questions depended on good skills of visual discrimination.