Practice papers for 2017 test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Jetster

Practice papers for 2017 test

Post by Jetster »

Well, here I am again! DS1 successfully passed his 11+ and is now in Year 11 at our local grammar school. DS2 was not interested in the slightest and wanted to go to the local comp, he would not entertain practising so we didn't push it. I am now looking at DD1 who is in Year 5. We've done nothing at this point up until last night when I got out an old book from DS1's time. It was the GL assessment NVR explained book, she flew through the practice questions (without looking at the examples or explanations). She got them all right and loved them and keeps asking to do some more. I'm sure I kept the old practice papers but I can't find them but I do understand that the papers have changed so I would like to purchase some up to date ones so that she can practice in the correct format.

Could you direct me to where I could purchase some practice NVR and VR papers please, I would be very grateful.

Thank you!
Jetster

Re: Practice papers for 2017 test

Post by Jetster »

I think I've answered my own question, so replying here in case it helps others.

I've just looked on the new consortium website and they list these:

Verbal Reasoning Pack 1 - ISBN 978-0-7087-1987-9
Verbal Reasoning Pack 2 - ISBN 978-0-7087-2049-3
Non-Verbal Reasoning Pack 1- ISBN 978-0-7087-1986-2
Non-Verbal Reasoning Pack 2 - ISBN 978-0-7087-2048-6

Will go shopping now - the website did say to make sure you purchase the multiple choice option (not the standard one).

If anyone knows of anymore please let me know.

Thanks
Alex

Post by Alex »

Welcome back Jetster!
You are right that the papers are in the multiple choice format nowadays where the answers are entered on a separate sheet. Whilst the majority of the NVR questions still seem to be those in the GL/Letts papers, there have been other types so it might be an idea to add something that deals with a few other sorts (e.g. Bond).
Jetster

Post by Jetster »

Thank you Alex, that's a good idea! I can't believe I am here again :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now